Welcome to the Ryco Web site. This site is owned and operated by Ryco Book Protection Services Limited, Registered Company in Ireland No. 267652.
References to “Ryco”, “Ryco Book Covers”, "Ryco Book Protection", “We” or “Us” herein refer to Ryco Book Protection Services Limited, or its affiliates, subsidiaries and designees as deemed appropriate by us. The Customer is “you”, the “user” , the person, persons or company purchasing products.
Tampering with the site, misrepresenting the identity of a user, using buying agents or conducting fraudulent activities on the site are prohibited.
Warranties, Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
1. By using the Ryco Web site, you expressly agree that use of the Web site is at your sole risk. The Ryco Web site is provided on an "AS IS" and "as available" basis. Neither Ryco, its affiliates, subsidiaries or designees nor each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, third-party content providers, designers, contractors, distributors, merchants, sponsors, licensors or the like (collectively, "Associates") warrant that use of the Ryco Web site will be uninterrupted or error-free.
2. Neither Ryco nor its Associates warrant the accuracy, integrity or completeness of the content provided on the Web site or the products offered for sale on the Web site. Ryco and its Associates specifically disclaim all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, merchantability, compatibility or fitness for a particular purpose. No oral advice or written information given by Ryco or its Associates shall create a warranty. User hereby acknowledges that all responsibility for their purchase choice lies with them and it is the customer’s obligation to ensure proper product choice.
3. Under no circumstances shall Ryco or its Associates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from your use of or inability to use the Web site, including but not limited to reliance by you on any information obtained from the Web site that results in mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion or corruption of files, viruses, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance. The foregoing Limitation of Liability shall apply in any action, whether in contract, tort or any other claim, even if an authorised representative of Ryco has been advised of or should have knowledge of the possibility of such damages. User hereby acknowledges that this paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise and products available through the Ryco Web site.
4. Orders are created when payment is received and has cleared funds. The only exception are purchase order account holders. In the unlikely event that your order cannot be fulfilled for any reason, you will be offered an alternative of equivalent quality and price. If this is not satisfactory to you, you will be given a full refund. We do reserve the right to change specifications or improve our goods.
5. Payment can be made by major credit and debit cards, cheques, bank draft, postal orders or PayPal account.
6. After you place an order using our shopping basket, we will check the information you give us for validity, by verifying your method of payment and/or shipping address.
7. On receipt of your order, we will send you an order acknowledgment email detailing the products ordered. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. We reserve the right to reject any order you place with us, and/or to limit quantities on any order, without giving any reason. If we reject your order, we will attempt to notify you using the e-mail address you have given us with the order and will refund any taken monies promptly.
8. We want you to be completely happy with what you buy from us. If for any reason you are not totally satisfied, please contact us.
a) Items must be returned within 14 days of receipt in re-saleable condition, together with a brief note confirming your name, order number and why you are returning the goods, to avail of a no-quibble refund.
b) A re-stocking fee of £7.00 will apply. Our guarantee to you is in addition to your statutory rights.
c) You are responsible for the cost of the delivery back to us. It is also your responsibility to see that they are received by us and not damaged in transit. Unfortunately we are unable to refund postage and packing costs unless the goods are faulty.
d) Any free gifts or promotional offers received with the product(s) must also be returned.
e) Ryco will refund the purchase price (excluding any courier/postal service charges) within a period of 10 working days from the date of the return if all of our requirements are met.
9. Cancelling an Order: According to the EU Distance Selling Regulations 2000, you can cancel your order within seven (7) days from the date you receive your goods provided the following terms are taken into account:
a) To qualify, you are required to send a notice of cancellation to us in writing by e-mail or by post within the seven (7) day time period upon receipt of goods.
b) You are under a duty to take reasonable care of the goods. This means that goods must be in fully re-saleable condition, in their original “as new” packaging, and undamaged in any way.
c) Ryco reserves the right to make a £7.00 restocking charge for any goods which are not returned in mint condition or to refuse to accept such goods, at its sole discretion.
d) You are responsible for the cost of the delivery back to us. It is also your responsibility to see that they are received by us and not damaged in transit.
e) Any free gifts or promotional offers received with the product must also be returned.
f) Please be aware that business to business transactions are not included under the EU Distance Selling Regulations 2000.
Please be sure to follow our guidelines to avoid any delay or denial of processing your return. You can also contact by email at email@example.com or by writing to our customer service centre at Ryco Book Protection, Customer Services, Unit 10, Ballywaltrim Business Centre, Boghall Rd, Bray, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
10. Any dates quoted for the delivery of the goods are approximate only and we shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the goods however caused. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence unless previously agreed by the seller in writing. The goods may be delivered by us in advance of the quoted delivery date upon giving reasonable notice to the buyer.
11. Where delivery of the goods is to be made by us in bulk, we reserve the right to deliver up to 5 per cent more or 5 per cent less than the quantity ordered without any adjustment in the price, and the quantity so delivered shall be deemed to be the quantity ordered.
12. Where the goods are to be delivered in installments, each delivery shall constitute a separate contract and failure by us to deliver any one or more of the installments in accordance with these conditions or any conditions or any claim by the buyer in respect of any one or more installments shall not entitle the buyer to treat the contract as a whole as repudiated.
13. If we fail to deliver the goods for any reason other than the cause beyond our reasonable control or the buyer’s fault, and we are accordingly liable to the buyer, our liability shall be limited to the excess (if any) of the cost to the buyer (in the cheapest available market) of similar goods to replace those not delivered over the price of the goods.
14. A good delivery will be assumed unless:
(a) A qualified signature on the consignment of delivery document is not received;
(b) Any damage or short delivery is notified in writing within 7 days of delivery.
(c) Non delivery of a whole consignment is notified in writing within 21 days of the invoice date.
15. VAT is chargeable at the Irish rate of 21.5% on every order. If you are a VAT exempt company or a VAT registered UK/EU company, please contact us to purchase VAT free.
Termination of Use
16. Ryco may, in its sole discretion, terminate your account or your use of the Ryco Web site at anytime. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. Ryco reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspects of the Ryco Web site at any time without prior notice.
Irish and EU legislation apply to this agreement.
We recommend that you print and keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.